Useful resources for accounting
The concept demos below provide some explanations for new students about various concepts and techniques in accounting
Each of the concept demos below is a Microsoft PowerPoint file.
They will provide you with learning benefits as you work through the material at your own pace. Some demos are interactive and allow you to assess your own learning of the concept.
- Accounting Equation - Periodic Inventory System (Powerpoint, 881kb)
- Accounting Equation - Perpetual Inventory System (Powerpoint, 536kb)
- Accounting Equation - ServiceBusiness (Powerpoint, 536kb)
- Balance Day Adjustments (Powerpoint, 228kb)
- Cash Flow Analysis (Powerpoint, 480kb)
- Financial Statement Analysis (Powerpoint, 1.05mb)
- Importance of Financial Statements (Powerpoint, 170kb)
- Profit Measurement (Powerpoint, 1.06mb)
To view each PowerPoint file, follow these steps:
- Click on the icon.
- Click on the Save option and save the file somewhere on your computer.
- Open Microsoft PowerPoint and open the file.
- You need to run the PowerPoint presentation in Slide Show Mode.
- From Powerpoint, go to the menu and choose Slide Show > View Show, or press F5 on the keyboard.
- To progress through the slideshow, click the left mouse button or the right arrow key, or on the parts of the slide indicated.
- Click here to have a look at information for future students.
- New Zealand Qualifications Authority
- New Zealand Commerce and Economics Teachers Association Inc
- Chartered Accountants Australia & New Zealand
- Accounting & Finance Associations of Australia and New Zealand Ltd (AFAANZ)
- American Accounting Association
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) (UK)
- FASB: Financial Accounting Standards Board
- International Accounting Standards Board
- CPA AustraliaA collection of videos (Windows Media Player only) on IFRS explained with compliments of CPA Australia.
- For Secondary School Information, check out CPA Careers