The '496' management internship paper
Guide for corporate sponsors
Hundreds of organisations throughout New Zealand and overseas have benefited from having an intern from Waikato Management School working for them on a specalised project over 20 weeks.
You won't just be helping yourself. You'll be helping to shape our future business leaders and management professionals.
We offer internships to our top students to enable them to gain hands-on experience in their chosen industry or field of study, and apply what they have learned in the classroom to a real project.
At the same time, organisations benefit from the innovative thinking and dedication of students undertaking practical projects.
Our interns have been placed in SMEs, start-ups, major corporations, not-for-profits, and local/central government.
What distinguishes the WMS internship?
- Based on an authentic project that the organisation needs carried out.
- Runs over 20 weeks, starting at any time during the year. Requires a minimum of 150 hours spent in the organisation.
- Only accept students with a B+ academic record in their first three years of study plus outstanding extra-curricular experience
- Involves interns from all the management disciplines; accounting, digital business, economics, finance, human resources, supply chain, marketing, public relations, strategic management, international management, tourism and hospitality management.
- Student guided by an organisational mentor and supported by specialist academic supervisors.
- Has no cost to the organisation.