Get set for Summer School - Nov to Feb
Want to finish your degree faster, or try out a new subject for fun?
Summer School is the perfect opportunity to take some extra papers and follow your interests. Each paper takes only six weeks instead of the usual 12 weeks. Some papers are also taught online, giving you more flexibility.
- T Semester 2018: 5 Nov 2018 - 14 Dec 2018 - Apply by 23 October 2018
- S Semester 2019: 3 Jan 2019 - 18 Feb 2019 - Apply by 3 December 2018
Waikato Management School welcomes students from other faculties and universities.
Management subjects available this summer include:
- Economics (ECON)
- Finance (FINA)
- Human Resource Management (HRMG)
- Public Relations (MCOM)
- Strategic Management (STMG)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management (THMGT)
Launch a new career with a one-year masters degree
Our 14-month Master of Professional Accounting (starts November or January) and 12-month Master of Business and Management (starts November or March) are both great options that you can start this summer.
No prior knowledge of business or accounting is required - all you need is a bachelor's degree in any field.
Summer School papers
Here is the full list of papers being offered by Waikato Management School:
T Semester - November to December
T Semester 2018 - Undergraduate papers (100 to 400 level)
How to enrol
New and returning students can apply to enrol for Summer School papers at enrol.waikato.ac.nz.
We welcome new students from other faculties and other tertiary institutions who wish to credit Waikato Management School papers towards their own degree. On-campus accommodation is available over summer if you need somewhere to stay in Hamilton.
If you are not enrolled with us already, please ensure you meet the prerequisites for any paper/s you wish to enrol in. Please check your timetable of classes first.
Note: Waikato Management School reserves the right to withdraw any of the papers listed if enrolments do not reach satisfactory numbers.
For advice on specific papers, please contact the Management Student Centre, phone 0800 654 303 or email email@example.com
For questions about how to enrol, phone 0800 WAIKATO or (07) 838 4176.
- 23 October 2018: Deadline to enrol for T Semester
- 5 November 2018: First day of lectures for T Semester
- 2 November 2018: Last day to change or withdraw papers with transfer/refund of fees for T Semester
- 3 December 2018: Deadline to apply for S Semester
- 17 December 2018: Last day of T Semester
- 3 January 2019: First day of lectures for S Semester
- 9 January 2019: Last day to change or withdraw papers with transfer/refund of fees for S Semester
- 13-15 February 2019: S Semester Examinations
- 17 February 2019: Last day of S Semester
- 25 February 2019: A Semester starts
S Semester - January to February
Note: 2019 papers have not yet been released
S Semester 2018 - Undergraduate papers (100 to 400 level)
- ACCTN102 - Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACCTN202 - Intermediate Financial Accounting
- ACCT302 - Financial Accounting
- ACCT490 - Directed Study
- AGRI390 - Directed Study
- AGRI490 - Directed Study
- DIGIB101 - The World of Digital Business
- ECON390 - Directed Study
- ECON490 - Directed Study
- FINAN202 - Investments 1
- FINA305 - Business Analysis and Valuation
- MKTG390 - Directed Study
- MKTG490 - Directed Study
- STMG321 - Entrepreneurial Opportunity
S Semester 2018 - Postgraduate papers (500 level)
- ACCT581 - Professional Development Capstone
- ACCT582 - Research Project
- ACCT583 - Professional Internship
- ECON589 - Directed Study
- ECON590 - Directed Study
- FINA517 - Investments, Portfolios and Financial Markets
- FINA590 - Directed Study
- HRMG590 - Directed Study
- INMG501 - E-Global Business: Strategic Management and Marketing