International profile and connections
Waikato Management School is home to one of the world's leading centres of scholarship for public relations and organisational communication.
One of our strengths is the high calibre of our academic staff, who have proven research expertise in their fields and have established an international profile. They have close links with many distinguished scholars across the globe, leading to numerous prestigious funding grants and scholarly awards over the years.
Our research expertise
Our staff have expertise in the following areas:
- Leadership communication
- Management communication
- Public relations
- Business, technical, and professional writing
- Interpersonal communication processes and competencies
- Intercultural communication
- Organisational communication
- Organisational change
- Political communication
- Science, technoscience and communication
- Sustainability and corporate social responsibility
- Critical management studies and communication
- Development communication.
See the full list of our staff and their areas of research expertise.
We also have research interests in cutting-edge fields:
- Futures studies
- Management practices and fashions
- Business, environmental, and organisational futures
- Sorkplace wellbeing
- Action research and learning methodologies
- International development and NGOs
- Global activism and globalisation
Expertise by staff member
Our staff have secured funding grants for a large number of research projects over the years, working in collaboration with prestigious international scholars.
Staff awards and prizes
Our staff are internationally recognised scholars in their fields. Check out this list of research, teaching and service awards they have received.
Conferences attended by our staff
- American Communication Association
- Association for Business Communication (ABC)
- Australia and New Zealand Communication Association (ANZCA)
- International Association of Business Communicators
- International Association of Facilitators
- International Communication Association (ICA)
- National Communication Association (US) (NCA)
- Public Relations Institute of New Zealand (PRINZ)
- Western States Communication Association (US) (WSCA)
- World Communication Association