499 Research Ethics
Applying for ethical approval of research is a very important process that all researchers must adhere to at the University of Waikato.
The WMS Ethics Committee has designed and implemented a set of ethics documentation for 499 Students.
Your 499 ethical application should consist of the following documents:
Click on the appropriate link below to access the application documents
- Application cover sheet for Report of an Investigation: 499 Projects (PDF)
- Application cover sheet for Report of an Investigation: 499 Projects (Word)
This form states that you agree to abide by the University's Ethics Regulations, and must be signed by both you and your supervisor
- Outline of a 499 Report of an Investigation Research Project (PDF)
- Outline of a 499 Report of an Investigation Research Project (Word)
This gives a detailed description of your intended research project, it covers research methodology; your processes; and how you will guarantee confidentiality
- A Participant Information Sheet (PDF)
- A Participant Information Sheet (Word)
This is the document you will be giving to your participants to explain your project to them. Note this is a sample only and we expect you to modify it to suit your participants and your research
- Consent Form (PDF)
- Consent Form (Word)
Participants need to read this form and sign it, this shows that they consented that the information they are giving can be used in this study.
- A copy of your interview questions or questionnaire/survey
Other documents helpful in completing your 499 ethics application include:
- Introduction to an Ethics Application for a 499 Student (PDF)
- Introduction to an Ethics Application for a 499 Student (Word)
- Guidelines for completing the Outline of a Research Project (PDF)
- Guidelines for completing the Outline of a Research Project (Word)
All applications must be submitted on the appropriate forms and must be typed or word-processed.
The procedure for submitting and reviewing 499 ethics application is identical as for other types of ethics application, please see the main ethics page for details.
Completed application forms should be submitted to Amanda Sircombe, WMS Research Manager, Room MSB3.37, email@example.com or (+64) 7 838 4376.