Overseas Student Exchange
Gain international experience to further your career and personal development. Enhance your employment prospects and make your C.V. stand out by participating in the University of Waikato international exchange programme. It could make all the difference.
Why should you go on an exchange?
Waikato Management School is committed to ensuring that you are prepared for a global business career and strongly recommend you add international experience to your degree. We provide an International Exchange Scholarship you can apply for.
There are many personal and professional reasons why you should go on an exchange. Here's just a few:
- Personal self development and awareness - get to know yourself
- Exchange is a great way to add value to your degree by experiencing different teaching and learning styles
- Explore new places and cultures
- Learn a new language or take classes taught in English
- Gain a global perspective in your major subject(s)
- Learn about foreign business markets
- Create an international resume/C.V. The unique experiences you gain will make you more employable to companies who are eager to hire graduates that are flexible and show interest in global issues as well as broader general knowledge about the world economy
- Meet overseas employers and build a network of international contacts
For more information about exchange opportunities and how to apply go to Waikato OE.
Where in the world can you go?
The University of Waikato has partner universities in more than 20 countries around the world, including top business schools in Canada, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Netherlands, Norway, Sweden, United Kingdom and USA.
Hear from some Waikato Management School students about their exchange experience
WMS International Exchange Scholarship
This scholarship is open for applications twice a year, for Waikato Management School students (NZ citizens or permanent residents) in second year or above who wish to go on an overseas exchange. You need to be accepted into the University's exchange programme to be eligible.