Student Language and Learning
Improve your writing and academic skills
You can book an individual or small group consultation with our Student Learning Tutor from Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 3pm. These are delivered in the Management Student Centre (MSB.1.50).
Academic support is offered as a free service to all students of Waikato Management School.
Our Student Learning Tutor (Vicky Young) can provide expert guidance on how to improve your academic writing, reading, and verbal presentation skills - such as writing an essay, report or literature review.
She can also help you to master academic skills such as APA referencing and teach you how to avoid plagiarism.
Vicky can also discuss a previously marked assignment with you, or assist with planning and structuring a draft assignment.
How to book a learning consultation
To book an appointment with our Student Learning Tutor, you'll need to:
- Go to the 'Student Learning' website.
- Click on the 'Book a consultation now' button.
- Fill out the form with your personal details.
- Choose three possible dates and times for your appointment.
- Click on the red 'Submit' button.
Studiosity is a free, online tutoring service that can help you with writing assignments, referencing, English spelling and grammar, numeracy, and studying skills. It is designed to provide extra support at critical times - after-hours, weekends and during semester breaks - when staff are less available.
You can access Studiosity via Moodle under the 'Resources' tab for any paper that you are enrolled in at Waikato Management School.
- Download our 'Academic Stepping Stones' guide.
- Vist Language and Learning Support
- If English is not your first language, check out the Guide to Grammar and Writing