Graduate and postgraduate study gives you the opportunity to gain expertise in a subject area that you're passionate about.
Our world-class postgraduate programmes are a great option for:
- Business graduates who'd like to gain specialist knowledge in their field to advance their career.
- Graduates from other fields who'd like to retrain for an entirely new career.
- People with significant work experience who'd like to back it up with a formal business qualification.
Taught masters degrees (12-14 months):
- Master of Applied Finance (MAppFin): Develop the analytical, financial and business skills required for a professional career in the financial sector in only one year.
- Master of Business and Management (MBM) is a one-year degree designed for graduates who've never studied business before and wish to become future leaders or managers.
- Master of Digital Business (MDigiBus) is aimed at future managers who want to use the latest digital and e-commerce technologies to transform business operations within any industry or organisation. Option to study online or face-to-face.
- Master of Management (MMgmt) is for graduates from any field who wish to pursue a professional career specialising in either Marketing or Supply Chain Management.
- Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcct) is ideal for those who aim to become a Chartered Accountant (CA) and have never studied accounting before at university.
- Master of Educational Management (MEdM) is a part-time or full-time qualification (1-3 years) designed for experienced educators who are looking to move into senior leadership or governance roles where they can have a bigger impact on organisational performance.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management (GradCertPM) is taught completely online, so you can study at your own pace from anywhere in New Zealand or overseas. It will equip you with the practical expertise and digital tools required to manage a wide range of projects and lead teams of people.
- Graduate Diploma (GradDip) is a one-year qualification for those who wish to gain expertise in a specialist subject that you've never studied before at university. It's a smart way to switch careers when you already have a bachelor's degree in a different field.
- Graduate Certificate is a four-month undergraduate qualification focused on a specialist subject that you've never studied before at university.
- Master of Management Studies (MMS) is a research-based master's degree that will prepare you for an academic career or PhD, or help you get promoted into leadership roles that require a high level of critical thinking, problem-solving and information analysis.
- Postgraduate Diploma (PGDip) is a one-year qualification for those who wish to continue building their in-depth knowledge of a specialist subject from their bachelor's degree, or enable you to gain admission to the MMS.
- Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert) is a four-month qualification focused on a specialist subject from your bachelor's degree. Can provide a pathway to further study.
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is awarded for an original research thesis carried out over three years under the supervision of at least two academic doctoral staff.
If you're interested in undertaking a PhD thesis and looking for a supervisor, please see our list of academic staff at Waikato Management School.