Graduate and postgraduate study gives you the opportunity to gain expertise in a subject area that you're passionate about.
Our world-class postgraduate programmes are a great option for:
- Business graduates who'd like to gain specialist knowledge in their field to advance their career.
- Graduates from other fields who'd like to retrain for an entirely new career.
- People with significant work experience who'd like to back it up with a formal business qualification.
Taught business qualifications
We offer a range of intensive taught programmes designed to prepare university graduates who have previously studied in a different field for a new career in business. These include:
- The 12-month Master of Applied Finance is designed for bachelor's graduates from any field who wish to develop the analytical, financial and business skills required for a career in the financial sector.
- The 14-month Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcct) is designed for those who aim to become a Chartered Accountant (CA) but have never studied accounting before at university.
- The one-year Master of Business and Management (MBM) is designed for bachelor's graduates from any field - arts, science, IT or teaching - who've never studied business before and wish to become future leaders or managers.
- The 12-month Master of Digital Business (MDigiBus) is aimed at future managers who wish to use the latest digital and e-commerce technologies to transform business operations within any industry or organisation. Option to study online or face-to-face. Includes a 12-week industry internship.
- The Graduate Diploma is a one-year qualification (equivalent of two semesters) for those who wish to gain expertise in a specialist subject (levels 100-300) that you've never studied before at university. It's a smart way to switch careers when you already have a bachelor's degree in a different field.
- The Graduate Certificate is a four-month qualification (equivalent of one semester) focused on a specialist subject (level 300) that you've never studied before at university.
- The Graduate Certificate in Project Management is a 4-12 month qualification that is taught completely online, so you can study at your own pace from the comfort of home. It will equip you with the practical expertise and digital tools required to manage a wide range of projects and lead teams of people.
- The Master of Management Studies (MMS) is a research-focused master's degree for those who wish to prepare for an academic career or PhD, or be promoted into leadership roles that require a high level of critical thinking, problem-solving and information analysis.
- The Postgraduate Diploma is a one-year qualification (equivalent of two semesters at 500-level) for those who wish to continue building their in-depth knowledge of a specialist subject from their bachelor's degree.
- The Postgraduate Certificate is a four-month qualification (equivalent of one semester at 500-level) focused on a specialist subject from your bachelor's degree. Can provide a pathway to further study.
- The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is awarded for an original research thesis carried out over three years under the supervision of at least two academic doctoral staff.
- The Master of Philosophy is a one-year research degree in which candidates critically investigate a significant topic.
If you're interested in undertaking a PhD thesis and looking for a supervisor, please see our list of academic staff at Waikato Management School.