Graduate and postgraduate study gives you the opportunity to gain expertise in a subject area that you're passionate about.
Our world-class postgraduate programmes are a great option for:
- Business graduates who'd like to gain specialist knowledge in their field to advance their career.
- Graduates from other fields who'd like to retrain for an entirely new career.
- People with significant work experience who'd like to back it up with a formal business qualification.
Taught business qualifications
We offer a range of intensive taught programmes designed to prepare university graduates who have previously studied in a different field for a new career in business. These include:
- The 14-month Master of Professional Accounting (MPAcct) is designed for those who aim to become a Chartered Accountant (CA) but have never studied accounting before at university.
- The one-year Master of Business and Management (MBM) is designed for bachelor's graduates from any field - arts, science, IT or teaching - who've never studied business before and wish to become future leaders or managers.
- The 12-month Master of Digital Business (MDigiBus) is aimed at future managers who wish to use the latest digital and e-commerce technologies to transform business operations within any industry or organisation. Option to study online or face-to-face. Includes a 12-week industry internship.
- The Graduate Diploma is a one-year qualification (equivalent of two semesters) for those who wish to gain expertise in a specialist subject (levels 200-400) that you've never studied before at university. It's a smart way to switch careers when you already have a bachelor's degree in a different field.
- The Graduate Certificate is a four-month qualification (equivalent of one semester) focused on a specialist subject (levels 200-400) that you've never studied before at university.
- The Master of Management Studies (MMS) is a research-focused master's degree for those who wish to prepare for an academic career or PhD, or be promoted into leadership roles that require a high level of critical thinking, problem-solving and information analysis.
- The Postgraduate Diploma is a one-year qualification (equivalent of two semesters at 500-level) for those who wish to continue building their in-depth knowledge of a specialist subject from their bachelor's degree.
- The Postgraduate Certificate is a four-month qualification (equivalent of one semester at 500-level) focused on a specialist subject from your bachelor's degree. Can provide a pathway to further study.
- The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) is awarded for an original research thesis carried out over three years under the supervision of at least two academic doctoral staff.
- The Master of Philosophy is a one-year research degree in which candidates critically investigate a significant topic.
If you're interested in undertaking a PhD thesis and looking for a supervisor, please see our list of academic staff at Waikato Management School.