Get set for Summer School - Nov to Feb
Pursue your passion for business and management!
Summer School (9 Nov 2020 - 19 Feb 2021) is the perfect opportunity to pick up a few extra papers and finish your degree faster.
You could also advance your career by enrolling for a higher qualification, such as a master's degree or graduate certificate.
A number of papers are also taught online (NET), and you might even be eligible for free fees!
For personalised study advice, contact the Management Student Centre, phone (07) 838 4303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Key dates for Summer School
Click on the links below to see a list of management papers offered in each teaching block:
Postgraduate qualifications you can start this summer:
No prior knowledge of business or management is required - all you need is a bachelor's degree in any subject.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management - (part-time or full-time) - start in November
- Master of Business and Management - (12 months full-time) - start in November
- Master of Management - Specialising in either Marketing or Supply Chain Management (12 months full-time) - start in November
- Master of Professional Accounting - (14 months full-time) - start in November or January
- Graduate Diploma in Accounting - (1 year) - start in January
- Graduate Diploma in Finance (1 year) - start in January
- Graduate Diploma in Marketing (1 year) - start in January
How to enrol
New and returning students can apply to enrol for Summer School papers at enrol.waikato.ac.nz.
We welcome new students from other faculties and other tertiary institutions who wish to credit Waikato Management School papers towards their own degree. On-campus accommodation is available over summer if you need somewhere to stay in Hamilton.
If you are not enrolled with us already, please ensure you meet the prerequisites for any paper/s you wish to enrol in. Please check your timetable of classes first.
Note: Waikato Management School reserves the right to withdraw any of the papers listed if enrolments do not reach satisfactory numbers.
For advice on specific papers, please contact the Management Student Centre, phone (07) 838 4303 or email email@example.com
For questions about how to enrol, phone 0800 WAIKATO or (07) 838 4176.
Full-time staff employed by the University of Waikato are entitled to apply for a fees concession for up to 60 points a year.
- up to 40 points a year (normally two papers) at undergraduate level (levels 100 – 400), or;
- up to 30 points a year at postgraduate level (level 500), excluding Executive Education papers (EXMBM/EXMBA), or;
- one 15-point Executive Education paper (coded EXMBM/EXMBA) to the value of approximately $1500.
Continuing staff and those with fixed-term appointments of one year or more are also entitled to a fees concession.
Part-time staff will receive concessions equal to half the amounts specified above.
For full conditions see the Application Form available at Staff Fees Concession Information.
Fees concession for G/C Semester papers
If you have already been granted the full fees concession for the year, you may apply to enrol for an additional paper in G/C Semester for free, as long as you will not exceed 60 points at undergraduate level for full-time staff, or 40 points at undergraduate level for part-time staff.
Casual staff and fixed-term term staff (less than 12 months) are not eligible to apply for this extra fees concession.
Staff in this category should apply on the Extended Staff Fees Concession application form.
How to enrol:
- Check out what papers are available in G, C and H semesters.
- Discuss with your manager for their input and approval. Note: studying during working hours is subject to operational needs and time taken may be required to be made up
- Complete the form found here Staff Fee Concession Information, or the Extended Staff Fees Concession form, obtain sign-off from your manager and then send to HR for processing
- Log into MyWaikato and Apply to Enrol Online
Full list of papers offered in Summer School:
G Semester - 9 November to 18 December 2020
All papers in Hamilton - G Sem 2020:
C Trimester - 16 November 2020 to 19 February 2021
Study online - NET papers in C Trimester 2020:
- PRMGT300 - Business Operations in Project Management
- PRMGT301 - Fundamentals of Project Management
- PRMGT302 - Project Management in Practice
- PRMGT303 - Applied Project Management Project
All papers in Hamilton - C Trimester 2020:
- MNMGT550 - Management Strategy in Context
- WSAFE396 - Management Internship
- WSOMM396 - Management Internship
- WSAFE399 - Report of an Investigation
- WSOMM399 - Report of an Investigation
All papers in Tauranga - C Trimester 2020:
H Semester - 5 January - 19 February 2021
All papers in Hamilton - H Sem 2021:
- ACCTN102 - Introductory Financial Accounting
- FINAN101 - Introduction to Finance
- MRKTG101 - Fundamentals of Successful Marketing
- ACCTN202 - Intermediate Financial Accounting
- ACCTN302 - Financial Accounting
- ACCTN570 - Fundamental Accounting for Decision-Making
All papers in Tauranga - H Semester 2021:
- ACCTN302 - Financial Accounting
Study online - NET papers in H Sem 2021:
- FINAN304 - Financial Risk Management