Get set for Summer School - Nov to Feb
Finish your degree faster, or pursue a passion for business!
Summer School is the perfect opportunity to take some extra papers and follow your interests.
Each paper takes only six weeks to complete instead of the usual 12 weeks. Some papers are also taught online, giving you more flexibility to fit studies in around work.
- T Semester 2018: 5 Nov 2018 - 14 Dec 2018 - Applications due by 23 October 2018
- S Semester 2019: 3 Jan 2019 - 15 Feb 2019 - Applications due by 3 December 2018
Find out if any of your Summer School papers are eligible for free fees.
Management subjects available this summer:
- Accounting (ACCTN)
- Economics (ECONS)
- Finance (FINAN)
- Human Resource Management (HRMGT)
- Public Relations (PUBRL)
- Strategic Management (STMGT)
- Tourism and Hospitality Management (THMGT)
Launch a new career with a one-year masters degree
Our 14-month Master of Professional Accounting (start in November or January) and 12-month Master of Business and Management (start in November, February or July) are both great options that you can start this summer.
No prior knowledge of business or accounting is required - all you need is a bachelor's degree in any field.
Summer School papers
Here is the full list of papers being offered by Waikato Management School:
T Semester - November to December 2018
T Semester 2018 - Undergraduate papers (100 to 400 level)
S Semester - January to February 2019
S Semester 2018 - Undergraduate papers (100 to 400 level)
- ACCTN102 - Introductory Financial Accounting
- ACCTN202 - Intermediate Financial Accounting
- ACCTN302 - Financial Accounting
- ECONS101 - Business Economics and the New Zealand Economy
- FINAN101 - Introduction to Finance
- FINAN304 - Financial Risk Management (NET)
- MRKTG101 - Introduction to Marketing
S Semester 2018 - Postgraduate papers (500 level)
- MNMGT504 - Organisational Behaviour
Study online - NET papers in S Sem 2019
- FINAN304-19S (NET) - Financial Risk Management (NET)
- INMGT501-19S (NET) - E-Global Business: Strategic Management and Marketing (NET)
How to enrol
New and returning students can apply to enrol for Summer School papers at enrol.waikato.ac.nz.
We welcome new students from other faculties and other tertiary institutions who wish to credit Waikato Management School papers towards their own degree. On-campus accommodation is available over summer if you need somewhere to stay in Hamilton.
If you are not enrolled with us already, please ensure you meet the prerequisites for any paper/s you wish to enrol in. Please check your timetable of classes first.
Note: Waikato Management School reserves the right to withdraw any of the papers listed if enrolments do not reach satisfactory numbers.
For advice on specific papers, please contact the Management Student Centre, phone 0800 654 303 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions about how to enrol, phone 0800 WAIKATO or (07) 838 4176.
- Tuesday, 23 October 2018: Deadline to apply for T Semester
- Friday, 2 November 2018: Completion of enrolment into T Semester
- Monday, 5 November 2018: First day of lectures for T Semester
- Friday, 9 November 2018: Last day to change or withdraw from T Semester papers with full transfer/refund of fees
- Monday, 3 December 2018: Deadline to apply for S Semester
- Friday, 14 December 2018: Last day of T Semester
- Thursday, 3 January 2019: First day of lectures for S Semester
- Wednesday, 9 January 2019: Last day to change or withdraw from S Semester papers with full transfer/refund of fees
- Friday, 15 February 2019: Last day of S Semester
- Monday 25 February 2019: A Semester starts